7/13/10

Breakfast to go

On Monday and Tuesday mornings I have to be at work between 7 and 7:15am. Since I'm not really a morning person and I have a 35min. commute, I always try to eat breakfast on the go. I like my breakfast to be quick to make, but also something I can easily eat in the car without endangering myself or other drivers on the highway! I also try to get a healthy start to my day. A Pop-Tart or Toaster Strudel may be an easy breakfast, but they are both lacking in nutrition! Here are my top two go to quick breakfasts:

1. A waffle sandwich.

This is so simple, delicious and filling! Start by toasting 2 whole wheat frozen waffles. Once they are done I just spread peanut butter on one half, jelly on the other and presto! You have a tasty breakfast easy to eat on the go. You can also mash up a banana to put inside or use other spreads like almond butter, nutella or honey if you aren't a pb&j fan.

2. Bagel and cream cheese

Self explanatory. I like wheat bagels with flavored cream cheese. (This is a honey wheat bagel with reduced fat strawberry cream cheese...yum!)

In addition to my breakfast food, I must always have a morning drink. You can most commonly find me drinking coffee to help perk me up in the early morning hours.

However, now that summer is in full swing and it is constantly hot and humid outside I normally prefer a cold drink. Either homemade iced coffee or freshly brewed green tea in my reusable cup!


I got this cup for around $7 from bed, bath and beyond and I love it! It is perfect for bringing any cold drink on the go. I have used it several times and it is holding up nicely. I definitely recommend one if you often have to eat/drink on the run.

No comments: