2/16/09

3 day weekends go fast!

Hi bloggies! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I had today off as a holiday so I throughly enjoyed the long weekend and am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!! The days just FLEW by! 

Now for my V-day dinner update:
While fiance was cooking away I had a glass of red wine and I continued to refill my glass through the entire evening :) (this kind is SO good and less than $5 at trader joes!)
Fiance prepared Turkey bacon rolls with roasted potatoes and green beans! It was seriously all delicious!!!The rolls had turkey, some ham lunch meat, provolone cheese, basil and were wrapped in bacon. These were def. a bit of an indulgence but tasted amazing!!!!!! I ate every bite on my plate :)Fiance and I spent the rest of v-day evening drinking wine and watching a movie...nice and relaxing!

Sunday morning we made french toast using multi grain bread. I topped mine with bananas, strawberries and blueberries. I actually only ended up eating 2 of the pieces. so yummy :)
After b-fast we ran lots of errands and trekked all over the mall. I was pooped when we got home. I made myself a plate of nachos :) I topped tortilla chips with some shredded cheese, black beans, salsa and cilantro. yum


Later in the afternoon I had a snack before going to see Confessions of a Shopaholic (!!!!!) with my sister. The movie was at 4:30 so I knew dinner would be a bit later. I had a small bowl of kashi with some blueberries and decaf coffee. 
the movie was pretty good, but no where near as good as the books! The movie just doesn't do justice to how crazy Becky is! So if you see the movie and like it READ THE BOOKS!!! :)

After the movie and a stop at Target with my sis I was ready for dinner! I made a repeat of roasted zucchini and carrot pasta. this is so simple, but so delish!
This morning I had a simple brekkie of a whole wheat bagel with a sliced banana and blueberries.then I was off to do a little shopping...I was purchasing some gifts for my previous roommate for her bachelorette party this coming weekend! I'm so excited to party and see a bunch of my sorority sisters from college!!! :) 

I made a stop at the gym before coming home and making a small plate of nachos exactly like yesterday's.  

Dinner was a pork stir fry fiance made! It had pork, broccoli, red peppers and snap peas served over brown rice. very yummy!

I also snacked on a few of these babies I got at Trader joes. VERY GOOD! 



Sorry for the mega long update!!!!  Hope everyone had a good monday 'see' you tomorrow!!!







19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, such delicious eats!!! LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

That dinner with the turkey rolls looks so gourmet, yum! And Trader Joe's wine and desserts- how do they do it, amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

wow girl! everything looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

SO many yummy things, nachos, french toast, everything!! Can't beat TJs in the cheap wine department :)

Glad to hear the movie was good!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

sounds like a great valentines day!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Anonymous said...

Ok, everything looks so good! Those nachos might just kill me though. Yum!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

All of those eats look so good! Esp the Valentines day turkey/bacon thing and the carrot/zuc pasta!!

Anonymous said...

*wipes drool*
DELICIOUS eats!

Elizabeth said...

Those cookies look great! :) I love that you cooked for Valentines day. We did too! Although, one day late since we had a friend over on the actual day. :)

Sophia Lee said...

everything looks awesome! I am totally drooling over that amazing turkey bacon rolls! did you come up with the idea yourself? genius!

Sophia Lee said...

everything looks awesome! I am totally drooling over that amazing turkey bacon rolls! did you come up with the idea yourself? genius!

HangryPants said...

The french toast looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

wow girl your eats look decadent! i'm lovin it :) especially that beautiful french toast

Anonymous said...

YEAHHH isn't Trader Joe's the best??? They do have an excellent affordable cheap wine selection and Such fun treats!! :) I always buy my hummus there!

Erica said...

Wow- I would totally love to eat anything you pictured in this post ;) Your fiance rocks! What a great meal. When are ya'll getting married???

Anonymous said...

The roasted carrot and zucchini pasta looks so good and easy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill! Thanks for the comment over on my new blog :-D Glad you're reading!

This entire post makes me wanna drool...it all looks so good, especially the french toast :)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

french toast sounds AWESOME :D
love the eats!

Anonymous said...

french toast sounds AWESOME :D
love the eats!