1/24/09

20 degree drop?!

Hi friends! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I dunno what is happening by you all , but the weather here is CRAZY! Thursday and Friday it was BEAUTIFUL: sunny and in the 40's. Today I wake up to a high of 20! At least it is still sunny out :)

Thursday after work I headed to the gym for another run. And guess what...no pain at all! It felt amazing. I wasn't sore at all yesterday either and am planning another run for this afternoon! I'm basically using the Galloway 5K training program. I am kind of shifting around my rest day (or days sometimes!) based on my schedule. Mainly my rest days will probably be Thursdays since starting now I will have work 7:30-4:30 and then run to class until 8:30pm! I was considering doing a 5K that is in mid April here, but haven't registered since I wanted to see how my training goes esp. with the initial pain I had! After another week or 2 if everything is going well I will sign up!! :)

After the gym on thursday I came home and made a new recipe! Spinach and artichoke lasagna!

makes an 8x8 casserole size:
-1/2 lb. whole wheat lasagna noodles
-pasta sauce (I just used the remainder of an already opened jar in the fridge...it was a little over 1/2 full)
-about 1 c. Mozz cheese [I think I might have dumped some extra on the top :)]
-5 oz. of frozen spinach (defrosted, dried and shopped)
- 5 oz. of canned artichoke heats diced
-1/2 of a ricotta cheese tub (I can't remember what size it was! haha)
-1 egg

cook lasagna noodles

while noodles are cooking mix together ricotta cheese, egg, spinach and artichokes

lightly grease an 8x8 casserole dish and then assemble! I first did a layer of sauce then noodles, then spinach mixture then noodles then sauce then shredded cheese and repeated! I then cooked it for about 35 mins. in a 350 degree oven.

Finished product:
I had one small piece with some garlic toast. And then went back for seconds! IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!

Friday morning I woke up and decided to do some yoga! I did a free 20 min. Gentle hatha yoga session from yoga download. It was such a nice and relaxing way to start my day! After that I made this little tower for b-fast:


2 Cinnamon whole grain waffles with 1 chopped banana and some pecans topped with a little light syrup. And some coffee :) These wafs. were pretty good. I liked the little hint of cinnamon in them!


Lunch on fri. was another new creation. I started off using this boxed rice mix I got some time ago.
While it was cooking I sauteed a chopped zucchini, some onion and some spinach in a pan. I then mixed it all together and topped with some parm. This was pretty good...a bit salty, but overall not bad for a boxed mix.And for dessert:OMG YUM! I loved this bar!
Then it was off to class for 3 hrs. Tons o' fun...
After class I snacked on an apple.
For dinner last night I met up with some of my sorority sisters! We went to Fionn MacCools Irish Pub! I got a cod sandwich and had one of my most FAVORITE drink combos ever a Snakebite! These are mainly only served at Irish pubs, but I have asked for the combo elsewhere too! It is 1/2 Harp and 1/2 Strongbow cider. AMAZING! It is a bit sweeter than a regular light beer, but def. not overpowering. I Totally recommend it!! :)

This morning I had a simple bowl of kashi and tried this tea:
It was OK. I wish it had a stronger lemony flavor. I added a little bit of honey which seemed to bring out more flavor, but it mainly tasted like warm flavor and a TINY hint of lemon.
Today's agenda includes more apt. searching with fiance and a trip to the gym! Have a fabulous Saturday!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Stash tea! My co-worker loves that brand!

And tasty waffle tower! Looks amazing!

Best of luck with more apt. seraching!

strongandhealthy said...

Love your lasagna! Thanks for the recipe! Your waffle tower looks great too!

Happy apartment searching! Enjoy your Saturday!

Jaime said...

aww just hearing about your running makes me want to! i'm glad your injury is better-- i cant wait til i'm fully healed! your brekkie looks incredible! :) and i'm so happy you like the raspberry choc bar! it's one of my favs now :) have a great day! xo

theskinnyplate said...

Mmm... you just reminded me how good lasagnas are. Hope your injury gets 100% better soon.

dailygoods said...

love your lasagna! and that waffle tower looks ridiculously good :) i hope you sign up for the 5k i know youd do so great!

biz319 said...

Love your lasagna recipe! Not a huge fan of artichokes, but I love artichoke dip!

Also, I tried that brand of tea before - it was Ginger and something and the ginger was WAY too strong - I ended up donating it to work!

Hope you are relaxing today!

carolinebee said...

i looove spinach aaand artichokes :D Looks delish! Have a good week and I hope you recover quickly and run that race!